This week we work through Chapters 1 and 2 of Microsoft Word 2016. First, we look at creating, opening, and saving a Word document. Additionally, we investigate the paragraph and formatting functionality that is essential to a word processing software like Word.
Once we have the basics in place, we look at the layout, margins, pagination, and page and section breaks. These powerful features of Word can make your life much easier when working with longer, multi-page documents.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Create, save, and open a Word document.
- Customize a document by entering and selecting text, using word wrap, and using AutoComplete, AutoCorrect, and AutoFormat features.
- Enhance a document using paragraph breaks, line breaks, spaces, and non-breaking spaces.
- Edit a document using cut, copy, paste, the Clipboard, and the undo, redo, and repeat features.
- Customize a document using different fonts, font sizes, and attributes.
- Enhance a document using text alignment and line and paragraph spacing.
- Finalize a document using Word’s research and proofing tools.
- Apply custom document properties to a document.
- Format a document by customizing margins, page orientation, paper size, and vertical alignment.
- Improve alignment and page layout by setting, using, and editing tab stops in a document.
- Apply indents to control text alignment.
- Enhance document layout by inserting page numbers, headers, and footers.
- Control pagination with page and section breaks.
- Use customized bulleted and numbered lists to effectively present information.
- Apply styles and themes to improve consistency in document format.
- Use find and replace to edit a document.
- Improve overall document design and format with borders, shading, horizontal lines, and hyperlinks.
- Read the Word Ch 1 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Read the Word Ch 2 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Visit the following resource sites:
- In SIMnet, complete the Word Ch 1 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- In SIMnet, complete the Word Ch 1 SIMnet Project.
- Complete Word Ch 2 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete Word Ch 2 SIMnet Project.