MS Word and Capstone 1
We complete our focus on Word this week looking at how we can work with others on the same document using Comments. We will also look at how Word can be used to create longer reports with footnotes, endnotes, and references. Finally, we will look at using tables, columns, and graphics in our Word documents.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Insert, review, edit, and customize comments.
- Modify and review a document using Track Changes and share an online document.
- Insert and edit footnotes and endnotes in a document.
- Create a bibliography with properly formatted sources and insert citations into a document.
- Create and edit a table of contents based on headings.
- Insert a cover page and modify content and content control fields.
- Apply and customize headers and footers in a multipage document.
- Improve the design and readability of a document using tables.
- Modify a table's layout and data.
- Enhance the appearance and function of a table by applying borders, shading, and styling.
- Enrich a document by adding and modifying graphic elements such as pictures, shapes, SmartArt, and WordArt.
- Read the Word Ch 3 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Read the Word Ch 4 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Visit the following resource sites:
- Complete the Word Ch 3 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete the Word Ch 3 SIMnet Project.
- Complete Word Ch 4 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete Word Ch 4 SIMnet Project.
- Complete the Word Processors Quiz.
- Complete the Word Capstone 1 Project.