MS PowerPoint and LinkedIn
Microsoft PowerPoint is the leading presentation software. Whether you need to create a quick display or a very polished presentation with dazzling graphics, creative animation effects, and video, PowerPoint has all the tools you need. You can use PowerPoint for slide shows with computer projection equipment in meeting rooms, for self-running presentations viewed by individuals, or for presentations shown on the web.
We also spend some time this week creating and customizing a LinkedIn profile for you. LinkedIn is a professional social network where you should begin building your presence.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Create, open, and save a presentation.
- Work with slides, layouts, placeholders, and text.
- Navigate between slides and organize content by reproducing and rearranging slides.
- Change theme colors and fonts.
- Insert headers and footers to add identifying information.
- Insert, resize, and align a picture from a file.
- Apply and modify transition effects to add visual interest.
- Preview a presentation and print slides, handouts, and outlines.
- Apply presentation properties.
- Create and administer your own LinkedIn account.
- Read the PowerPoint Ch 1 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Visit the following resource sites:
- Complete the PowerPoint Ch 1 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete the PowerPoint Ch 1 SIMnet Project.
- Complete the LinkedIn Profile Lab (instructions)