MS PowerPoint and Capstone 2
In our world today, we are surrounded by information graphics. We see them in television programming, web sites, and published material of all kinds. PowerPoint gives you the ability to create information graphics—to visually display information in ways that help an audience quickly grasp the concepts you are presenting. You can choose from many options, such as adding shapes or color for emphasis, pictures to illustrate, diagrams to show processes, and charts to show data relationships.
In our third chapter of PowerPoint, you will learn how to create new theme colors customized for your topic, apply animation, and link to a video from a web site. You also explore PowerPoint’s rehearsal features to help you perfect your delivery timing and techniques, project your presentation more effectively, and prepare a presentation to be self-running.
Finally, you will work on the second of our Capstone projects.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Work with shapes, select theme colors and standard colors, and apply styles.
- Create interesting and eye-catching text effects with WordArt styles and text effects.
- Search for pictures and illustrations, modify picture appearance, and compress picture file size.
- Organize information in a grid format using tables and customize the arrangement of columns and rows.
- Format portions of a table by applying styles, colors, and effects.
- Show processes and relationships with SmartArt graphics.
- Improve the appearance of SmartArt graphics by applying styles, colors, and effects.
- Create charts that show relationships between data values and emphasize data in different ways based on the chart type and chart elements.
- Format a chart by applying preset styles or manually customizing individual chart elements.
- Create custom theme and background colors.
- Apply animation to add interest and reinforce content.
- Link to an online video.
- Use rehearsal techniques to prepare for presentation delivery.
- Control display options for different screen sizes.
- Present effectively and professionally using projection equipment.
- Use annotation pens to highlight information and save presentation markings.
- Prepare a self-running presentation that loops.
- Read the PowerPoint Ch 2 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Read the PowerPoint Ch 3 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Complete the end-of-chapter questions to check your knowledge (you are not required to submit these).
- Complete the PowerPoint Ch 2 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete the PowerPoint Ch 2 SIMnet Project.
- Complete the PowerPoint Ch 3 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete the PowerPoint Ch 3 SIMnet Project.
- Complete the Presentation Software Quiz.
- Complete the PowerPoint Capstone 2 Project.