MS Excel & Privacy, Ethics, and Security (cont'd)
Microsoft Excel (Excel) is spreadsheet software for creating an electronic workbook. A workbook consists of rows and columns used to organize data, perform calculations, print reports, and build charts. With Excel, you can create simple to complex personal or business workbooks. This chapter presents basic procedures for creating and editing an Excel workbook.
With its capabilities in mathematical, scientific, engineering, and other calculations, Excel is a valuable tool for business, government, education, and you. You can use Excel to create a simple addition formula or a sophisticated calculation with layers of arithmetic. In this chapter, you learn how to build a basic formula and how to use mathematical rules. You also explore Excel function categories.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Create, save, and open an Excel workbook.
- Enter and edit labels and values in a worksheet.
- Use the SUM function to build a simple formula.
- Format a worksheet with font attributes, borders, fill, cell styles, and themes.
- Modify columns and rows in a worksheet.
- Insert, delete, and move worksheets in a workbook.
- Modify the appearance of a workbook by adjusting zoom size, changing views, and freezing panes.
- Review and prepare a workbook for final distribution by spell checking, setting properties, and adjusting page setup options.
- Build and edit basic formulas.
- Set mathematical order of operations in a formula.
- Use absolute, mixed, relative, and 3D references in a formula.
- Use formula auditing tools in a worksheet.
- Work with Statistical and Date & Time functions.
- Work with functions from the Financial, Logical, and Lookup & Reference categories.
- Build functions from the Math & Trig category.
- Read the Excel Ch 1 SIMBook in SIMnet.
- Read the Excel Ch 2 SIMBook in SIMnet.
Visit the following resource links:
- Check out the informational items for more detail on select topics covered this week.
- Complete the Privacy, Ethics, Security Lab.
- Complete the Excel Ch 1 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete the Excel Ch 1 SIMnet Project.
- Complete the Excel Ch 2 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete the Excel Ch 2 SIMnet Project.