Class Introduction and Getting Started
This week, we look at the role of information technology in today’s dynamic business environment. The development of information systems, systems analysis and design concepts, and various systems development methods. This module also describes the role of the information technology department and its people.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Describe the impact of information technology.
- Define systems analysis and design and the role of a systems analyst.
- Define an information system and describe its components.
- Explain how to use business profiles and models.
- Explain Internet business strategies and relationships, including B2C and B2B.
- Identify various types of information systems and explain who uses them.
- Distinguish among structured analysis, object-oriented analysis, and agile methods.
- Explain the waterfall model, and how it has evolved.
- Discuss the role of the information technology department and the systems analysts who work there.
- Read the syllabus (found in the START HERE! section).
- Setup and investigate your slack.com account.
- Watch the short 'Getting Started with MindTap' video.
- Read Module (chapter) 1: Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design.
- Take the Syllabus Quiz in D2L.
- Complete your Slack.com Introductory post (found in the Class Introduction module).
- Register for access to MindTap.
- Take the Unit 1 Test.