At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Provide a checklist of issues to consider when selecting a system architecture
- Trace the evolution of system architecture from mainframes to current designs
- Explain client/server architecture, including tiers, cost-benefit issues, and performance
- Compare in-house ecommerce development with packaged solutions and service providers
- Discuss the impact of cloud computing and Web 2.0
- Define network topology, including hierarchical, bus, ring, star, and mesh models
- Describe wireless networking, including wireless standards, topologies, and trends
- Describe the system design specification
- Read Module 10: System Architecture.
- Participate in Module 10 SCR Case Simulation: System Architecture.
- Take the Unit 10 Test.