Analyzing the Business Case
This week, we look at analyzing a business case. Specifically, it is important to...
- understand business operations and requirements
- how IT projects support a company’s overall strategic plan
- how systems projects get started
- how systems analysts conduct a preliminary investigation and feasibility study
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of a business case and how a business case affects an IT project
- Describe the strategic planning process and why it is important to the IT team
- Explain the purpose of a mission statement
- Conduct a SWOT analysis and describe the four factors involved
- Explain how the SDLC serves as a framework for systems development
- List reasons for systems projects and factors that affect such projects
- Describe systems requests and the role of the systems review committee
- Define operational, technical, economic, and schedule feasibility
- Explain the factors that affect project priorities
- Describe the steps and the end product of a preliminary investigation
- Read Module 2: Analyzing the Business Case Module Introduction.
- Participate in Module 1 SCR Case Simulation: Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design.
- Participate in Module 2 SCR Case Simulation: Analyzing the Business Case.
- Participate in the 'Create your own SWOT analysis' in Slack.
- Take the Unit 2 Test.