Managing Systems Projects
Project management is a key component of any successful system development project. This week we look at how to plan, schedule, monitor, and report on IT projects.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Explain project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting
- Draw a project triangle that shows the relationship among project cost, scope, and time
- Create a work breakdown structure, identify task patterns, and calculate a critical path
- Explain techniques for estimating task completion times and costs
- Describe various scheduling tools, including Gantt charts and PERT/CPM charts
- Analyze task dependencies, durations, start dates, and end dates
- Describe project management software and how it can be of assistance
- Control and manage project changes as they occur
- Discuss the importance of managing project risks
- Understand why projects sometimes fail
- Read Module 3: Managing Systems Projects.
- Participate in Module 3 SCR Case Simulation: Managing System Projects.
- Participate in the #project-mgmt-software channel (Slack).
- Take the Unit 3 Test.