The requirements modeling process includes:
- gathering facts about a systems project
- preparing documentation
- creating models that will be used to design and develop the system
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Describe systems analysis phase activities
- Explain joint application development (JAD), rapid application development (RAD), and agile methods
- Use a functional decomposition diagram (FDD) to model business functions and processes
- Describe the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and create examples of UML diagrams
- List and describe system requirements, including outputs, inputs, processes, performance, and controls
- Explain the concept of scalability
- Use fact-finding techniques, including interviews, documentation review, observation, questionnaires, sampling, and research
- Define total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Conduct a successful interview
- Develop effective documentation methods to use during systems development
- Read Module 4: Requirements Modeling.
- Participate in Module 4 SCR Case Simulation: Requirements Modeling.
- Take the Unit 4 Test.