After completing the requirements modeling, data and process modeling, and object modeling, it's time to evaluate the alternative solutions, prepare the system requirements document, and present the system requirements document to management.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of Software as a Service
- Define Web 2.0 and cloud computing
- Explain software acquisition alternatives, including traditional and web-based software development strategies
- Describe software outsourcing options, including offshore outsourcing and the role of service providers
- Explain advantages and disadvantages of in-house software development
- Discuss cost-benefit analysis and financial analysis tools
- Describe a request for proposal (RFP) and a request for quotation (RFQ)
- Describe the system requirements document
- Explain the transition from systems analysis to systems design
- Read Module 7: Development Strategies.
- Participate in Module 7 SCR Case Simulation: Development Strategies.
- Take the Unit 7 Test.