User Interface Design
User interface design is the first task in the systems design phase of the SDLC. Designing the interface is extremely important because everyone wants a system that is easy to learn and use.
After discussing the user interface, human-computer interaction, and interface design rules, the analyst must look at the output, data security and control issues, prototyping, and the next steps in the systems design process.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Explain the concept of user interface design and human-computer interaction, including basic principles of user-centered design
- Explain how experienced interface designers perform their tasks
- Describe rules for successful interface design
- Discuss input and output technology issues
- Design effective source documents and forms
- Explain printed output guidelines
- Describe output and input controls and security
- Explain modular design and prototyping techniques
- Read Module 8: User Interface Design.
- Participate in Module 8 SCR Case Simulation: User Interface Design.
- Take the Unit 8 Test.