Week 3 - Creating and Editing Charts (Ch3) | Formatting, Organizing, and Getting Data (Ch4)
In addition to building formulas and functions in a worksheet, you can use Excel to graph or chart data. After selecting values and labels, you can quickly create a professional looking chart with a few clicks of the mouse. Our third chapter introduces you to the basics of creating, editing, and formatting Excel charts.
Excel can use data from many sources as well as provide data to other programs. When data is shared among applications, the data is usually in a list or table layout like a database. Our fourth chapter covers how to format data as an Excel table, how to sort and filter data, how to get data from other sources, and how to build a PivotTable.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Create Excel chart objects and chart sheets.
- Use quick layouts and chart styles to design a chart.
- Edit chart elements including titles, data labels, and source data.
- Format chart elements with shape styles, fill, outlines, and special effects.
- Use pictures, shapes, and WordArt in a chart.
- Build pie charts and combination charts.
- Create sunburst and waterfall charts.
- Insert and format sparklines in a worksheet.
- Create and format a list as an Excel table.
- Apply Conditional Formatting rules as well as Color Scales, Icon Sets, and Data Bars.
- Sort data by one or more columns or by attribute.
- Filter data by using AutoFilters and by creating an Advanced Filter.
- Use subtotals, groups, and outlines for tabular data in a worksheet.
- Import data into an Excel worksheet from a text file, a database file, and other sources.
- Export Excel data as a text file and into a Word document.
- Build and format a PivotTable.
- Check out the informational items for some in-depth specifics.
- Read Excel Ch 3 (SIMBook) in SIMnet.
- Read Excel Ch 4 (SIMBook) in SIMnet.
- Complete the end-of-chapter questions to check your knowledge (you are not required to submit these).
- Complete Excel Ch 3 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete Excel Ch 3 SIMpath.
- Complete Excel Ch 3 SIMnet Project 3-3.
- Complete Excel Ch 3 SIMnet Project 3-4.
- Complete Excel Ch 4 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete Excel Ch 4 SIMpath.
- Complete Excel Ch 4 SIMnet Project 4-3.
- Complete Excel Ch 4 SIMnet Project 4-4.