Week 4 - Consolidating, Linking, and Inserting Object (Ch5)
When multiple worksheets have identical layouts and labels, you can summarize data with the Consolidate command. You can also link to data in a different workbook to build a formula or display information. In this chapter, you will learn how to consolidate data from multiple sheets in the same workbook and how to link multiple workbooks with an external reference formula. You will also insert SmartArt graphics, screenshots, and hyperlinks in a worksheet.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Create a static data consolidation.
- Create a dynamic data consolidation.
- Consolidate data by category.
- Group worksheets for editing and formatting.
- Link workbooks to consolidate data.
- Insert illustrations using SmartArt, screenshots, and pictures in a worksheet.
- Insert hyperlinks in a worksheet.
- Safeguard work by marking it as final or by setting a password.
- Check out the informational items for some in-depth specifics.
- Complete the end-of-chapter questions to check your knowledge (you are not required to submit these).
- Read Ch 5 (SIMBook) in SIMnet.
- Complete Excel Ch 5 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete Excel Ch 5 SIMpath.
- Complete Excel Ch 5 SIMnet Project 1.
- Complete Excel Ch 5 SIMnet Project 2.