Week 6 - Working with Templates and Sharing Work (Ch7)
Excel templates are model workbooks. When you create a new workbook, you use a template with basic settings, including a document theme, a font name and size, and default margins. You can build an easy-to-use, error-free workbook with a template and commands such as data validation and form controls.
At the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Use a template to create a workbook and save a workbook as a template.
- Set data validation, input messages, and error alerts.
- Use the Form button and Form Controls.
- Set worksheet and workbook protection to manage editing.
- Share a workbook, track changes, and compare and merge workbooks.
- Inspect a workbook for metadata, check compatibility, and define a trusted location.
- Read Excel Ch 7 (SIMBook) in SIMnet.
- Complete the end-of-chapter questions to check your knowledge (you are not required to submit these).
- Complete Excel Ch 7 SIMBook Let Me Try in-reading tasks.
- Complete Excel Ch 7 SIMpath.
- Complete Excel Ch 7 SIMnet Project 1.
- Complete Excel Ch 7 SIMnet Project 2.
- Complete Mid-semester Capstone Project.